"They say Jason still roams these woods, looking to avenge the death of his mother."
I've always loved the Friday the 13th movies, so you better believe that when the game was announced I was all over it. The idea of playing as Jason, hunting down those damn irresponsible teens with their weed and pre-marital sex sounded like a dream come true. And it was! I absolutely adore the game, even though it is riddled with bug, glitches and trolls, it is an unbelievable amount of fun. Aside from those niggling issues listed above, the biggest problem is a lack of content. There's only a couple more Jasons they COULD add to the game, and two of them are very similar visually. So, as a fan of the series, and of the game, I decided I'd create my own ideas for Jason, that could potentially work either for a movie or as a playable Jason in the game.
First up, we have Feral Jason. This is kind of my idea of a younger Jason, probably in his late teens. As this would be before he became an undead killing machine, Feral Jason would be a hunter-gatherer, wild life survivalist type of deal, all scarred up from fights with people and wildlife. Think of a mix between the earlier movies and the remake and you'd have a pretty good idea of what I'm going for. Of course, continuity would change a little if this were a movie Jason, as he didn't find his hockey mask until Part 3, but a few simple explanations could sidestep that issue. He'd also be very versatile with all his weapon options, and very fast due to his more lithe build. I've also given two options for his face, though I'm not overly pleased with either. Perhaps a mix between the two?
As a playable character in the game, he'd be interesting and very unique because of this. He'd be the fastest, but physically weakest Jason, with multiple other options for catching prey. His weapons would be interesting, as Jason can only use one unique weapon in game, so it would either have to be the bear trap or the serrated machete, so that would be a decision to be made by the devs. He would also have a bow, rather than throwing knives. The bow would be stronger than the throwing knives, but would have less ammo around the maps, and a longer draw time. I was thinking his game stats would be something like this:
- Can Run
- Weapon Strength
- Grip Strength
- Stun Resistance
As for unique kills, I decided to give three to each weapon, just in case:
1) Jason knocks the counsellor to their knees, then slams the trap shut on their head before pulling back and tearing off their head.
2) Jason struggles against the counsellor's grip, trying to shove the bear trap on their face. Eventually he wins out, and the trap closes, cutting their head in two.
3) The counsellor tries to run, forcing Jason to quickly unravel the bear trap's chain and throw it. The trap clamps shut on the counsellor's leg. Jason then pulls hard, dropping them to the ground. He proceeds to pull the chain piece by piece, bringing them closer and closer until he can repeatedly stomp their head into the ground.
1) Jason shoves the machete up through the counsellor's chin and out the top of their head. He brings them to his face for a few moments, before ripping the machete out.
2) Jason swings behind the counsellor and violently slits their throat before kicking them away.
3) Jason knocks the counsellor to the ground and just proceeds to slash and hack the ever-loving shit out of them.